Thursday, May 31, 2007

Review: D "Dearest You"




Dr. Hiroki/Gu: Hide-Zou/Vo: Asagi /Gu: Ruiza/Ba: Tsunehito

D [site]


After the release of the album Tafel Anatomie six months ago,
D has finally released another single Dearest You. I personally haven't brought
the single myself, however I've seen the PV for it.




25.4.2007 /¥1500


The song itself is pretty good, in the beginning it starts
with a fast pace rhythm which eventually leads to Asagi's odd screaming/growling
that I can live without. Throughout the song, Asagi vocal parts keeps up with
the 7-string guitar quite well (though at times his opera-like voice comes
alive, which irks me very much so). I was quite surprise that his voice wasn't
as mellow as the past few songs he's done, like Taiyou wo Okuru Hi. There is also a short bass solo from Tsunehito ,performed on a 5-string bass, that begins somewhat simply romantic to
a dramatic end with the guitar work perfectly blending to the ceasing of the
bass solo.


PV-wise, it wasn't really special. It was mainly part of a
live performance with a few side shots of them inside a chapel. Again nothing
extravagant, but you really can't expect more from an indies band can you?







Rating: Decent.




Other songs you should try out:

Sleeper

Taiyou wo Okuru Hi






Posted by: Rose

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with my Rosie. The overall PV is decent. Yeah, you can't ask much from an indie rock group. I really liked the overall look, though and sound of the song, save for the screaming. It seemed desperate, like the group wanted to sound more hardcore and emo. This was unnecessary. I'd like to see more of this group, though. They're interesting.


Yay! My first comment ever! Woooo! Woooo!

June 1, 2007 at 10:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home